But the truth of it is, I love being up at 6am. Once the cats are fed, and my coffee is made, I sit in the living room in the semi dark, the pellet stove keeping the room toasty warm.
Sometimes I just sit and ponder what I am going to do today. I read my emails, and do a puzzle or two. It's so quiet, and peaceful. It's my favorite time of day really.
Speaking of cats, Miss Puss has lately been acting out of character. She cries for food all day long, she follows me, and swats at me if I don't get it quickly enough. She is very vocal, and she has lost weight. So I took her to the vet, who thinks she is hyperthyroid. We should know today. Then she will have to be medicated twice a day for the rest of her life. My choice of administration is pills or cream inside her ear. Either way, I am going to get hurt.
Lois recently wove a custom runner. I picked out the fabric, but she did the tough job of putting it all together so that it worked.
And it definitely does.
This may be her best weaving to date.
I am kind of sorry I can't keep it.
My friend, and former student, Sue, knows of my love of CATS, so she made me this as a house warming gift.......She does amazing work piecing quilts, but now that she is an accomplished weaver, I wonder how much of it she does. I think she has the weaving affliction pretty heavy. :)
I am weaving a baby wrap for my friend Rini, in Maine, with her reeled mulberry silk, on my cotton warp.
It is beautiful, but silk is definitely harder to weave with than cotton, just because it is so slippery, and wants to tangle.
Apparently, Dale, wants to get in on the baby wrap craze herself, using one of Mimi's hand woven dish towels.







0 Yorumlar