Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The real life

Rodger Jacobs is a writer's writer.

He's working through a series of "Who Shaped You?" essays that shows just how goddamn difficult it is to earn that title.

As I read Rodger's third installment in the series, "L. A. Noir" (which I loved), my brain set his story next to that of Stephenie Meyer of Twilight fame. Meyer says the idea for the story that spurred her voluminous series and earned her millions upon millions came to her in a dream. The Mormon mother of three says she wrote the draft for the first of four novels in a few months and placed it on it's path to the happily ever after shortly thereafter.

SIGH

If it makes you feel any better, Rodger, despite all the money and fame, you're still a writer's writer and she's still a silly little broad.*

*Note to readers: yes, you could go and listen to Meyer tell her CinderWriteRella story for four minutes (and damn if I'm not getting suspiciouser and suspiciouser about Missy Meyer with every turn o' the page), but if that's all the time you have, I suggest you spend it over at Rodger's place.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar