Could This Idea Work?
I'm guessing many of you have a pretty big collection of unread or nearly new ARCs that you'd love to pass on to someone who might enjoy them? I tend to post and swap many of my books on Paperbackswap.com, however, you are not allowed to post ARCs on their site. We all know you can't sell them either, but why can't we offer them up to other book lovers?
I've wanted to see if any bloggers, might have an interest in "swapping ARCS"? In my mind this is how it might work, but I am open to suggestions if some of you have a better idea?
- Each Sunday, book bloggers would post some ARCS that they would like to swap/give away; all that would be required is that, if you see a book you would like, you pay for media mail postage (within the US - generally around $3.00); or, we could do a (1) for (1) swap.
- I'd love to do this internationally, however postage costs are too expensive.
- If you see a book that you would like, post a comment with your email address, and one of two things could happen: (1) - If you have a paperbackswap account you could transfer (1) credit for each book you'd like to request, using the buddy credit option. This credit will pay for shipping costs to mail you the book.
- If you do not have a paperbackswap account, perhaps bloggers could do a mutual swap. (You tell us what books/ARCs you would like to swap).
- If there is enough interest, this could be a regular Sunday post.
I'm giving this a shot. This week's(ARCs) up for grabs (please feel free to jump on the bandwagon):
- Veracity; Laura Bynum
- Saving Gracie; Carol Bradley
- A Beautiful Place to Die; Malla Nunn
- A Mountain of Crumbs; Elena Gorokhova
Small Wars; Sadie Jones - (requested by nomadreader)- Drawing in the Dust; Zoe Klein
The Wish Maker; Ali Sethi - swap with (softdrink)- The Man From Saigon; Marti Leimbach
Here are some ARCs/books I would love to read from my wish list:
- The Red Thread; Ann Hood
- The Bride Collector; Ted Dekker
- The Queen of Palmyra; Gwin
- Matterhorn; Marlantes
- Little Stranger; Waters
- The Irresitible Henry House; Grundwald
- Girl in Translation; Kwok
- Men and Dogs; Crouch
- The Locust and the Bird;
What are your thoughts? Could this work? All comments appreciated!


0 Yorumlar