Spring is a time for new growth and now that the weather is warming my garden is starting to grow as it emerges from the long winter. My seeds which have sat waiting in the cupboard are finally coming out. I had wanted to sow in March but I felt it was just too cold, all my sowing at this time of year is in the polytunnel but even in there it was only just above freezing.
I sowed two sets of onion seeds in March one set at the beginning and another at the end, last week the first set started to shoot and now the other set have to. I really thought that as they has sat in the cool polytunnel for nearly a month they would not germinate but to my amazement they have, now I need to work out what I do with them next and when as I have never grown onion from seed before.
Many other seeds have been sown this week, broccoli and a a packet of mixed wildflowers yesterday and today cabbage, basil, parsley, coriander, lettuce, spinach, kale and chard. Over the weekend I am planning to sow beans, cucumber, peas and courgettes and tackle the weeds that are also shooting up all over the garden. My biggest pest, mice have also had a nibble on my chitting potatoes so they are obviously on the hunt for food. They usually eat all my hard work chomping through the stalks of small seedlings leaving the leaves on the ground, very frustrating!

0 Yorumlar