And my first present, though he didn't know it was, Kindros posted THIS on his blog in honor of Wash, my love of all Firefly loves.
It's Sunday night, and I was sure I had a post all ready to go. Until I checked, just to make sure. Womp Womp. I didn't.
But that's okay because it IS my birthday.
(Lord_Voldemort7 declared Sunday Snapes birthday. So, I thought this was fitting to borrow.)
AND my mom took me to a movie that fits into writing. Unfortunately.
My desire to review movies is equal to my desire to review books.(very low) Those of you that are here that review either or, I tip my stylish, always appropriate hat to you. It's difficult.
And I'm not doing it now either. But we did see a movie that opened my eyes to how becoming a better writer can taint things. It sounds like a good thing but it really boils down to having your eyes opened to something that was never a problem. In other words: poorly written movies.
I always loved most all movies. Even bad ones. I credit that to not knowing why it's bad. I used to not be able to pinpoint what made a bad movie. If you don't know WHY something isn't very good it's always easier to forgive.
But, after that movie, I realized I understood where they went wrong(flat characters, lacking real motivation, things just happened because they needed the story to go there not because it was the natural direction, dialogue fizzzzzzzle, etc.) That has me both sad and proud.
They had a great story. REALLY interesting IMO. I was so excited to see what they did with it. But then...they took a great idea and ran it into the ground! FAST.
Big names, awesome story premise. And then it was like watching a dude fall who's parachute didn't open. (which I have seen. He was, miraculously, okay btw.) You just had to cringe. Groan. Sigh. Then laugh because there was just nothing else you could do. (we didn't laugh at the skydiver who crashed down in front of us)
I have no point here except to warn all aspiring authors to be prepared for a change in vision when it comes to books and movies as your skill grows.
Oh well. I still can't say I hated it. My soft spot for bad movies has not hardened at least, no matter what crime they committed against a good plot.
I didn't make it to anyone this weekend! Which really bummed me out! My internet was so screwed up at the house the whole time. Again.
I'm ready to switch providers over it. It happens too often...But no matter, it started back up fine on
Sunday so I'm less moody. And excited to read up on you all!
Hope you all have a great day back! It snowed like a mother last night! I love to look at it but I hate driving in it. It is SO SCARY! But I know everywhere else has had much worse snow lately than what we got here so I have no room to complain I suppose.
Happy Monday!



0 Yorumlar