Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blake McGrath's "Motion Picture" - Single Review


     My obsessions deserve attention. Canadian singer/dancer Blake McGrath impressed me this year when I stumbled across his music videos for his first two singles, “The Night” and “Relax”. Now in 2012, the artist is readying the release of a brand new album, Love Revolution, by unleashing the effort’s lead single, “Motion Picture”, yesterday.

     The track has a strong R&B vibe, sexual innuendos, and a slow and steady beat. The highlight is definitely McGrath’s sultry vocals, which made me melt the first time I heard them.

     “Motion Picture” starts off seductively with McGrath volunteering as the teacher for this hot and heavy lesson. My hand is already high in the air. Hopefully he picks me! McGrath goes through the verses slowly, sensually, making sure every word has an effect. 

     “Let’s make a movie”, the artist suggests as the listener’s body starts moving along with the beat. When McGrath states he is going to take it all the way, my mind was not even on focusing on the lyrics anymore. I was picturing how it would be to really make a movie with the sexy pop singer.

     The track is a decent effort. To be honest, I was hoping for a single as great and epic as “The Night”, the debut single that started my obsession with McGrath. “Motion Picture” falls under the R&B genre more than it does the pop genre. At some points, comparisons to the work of Usher and Ne-Yo are heard in terms of style and delivery. 

     McGrath has a wonderful voice, he gives a convincing seductive performance here, but I guess I was just hoping for something more upbeat. As the first single, this track is getting me excited for the album and that is what a lead single should do. 

Grade: B

     Now... if only the artist would answer the questions I sent him for an interview with Evoke Magazine ;) Listen to "Motion Picture" below! 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar